Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Final thoughts on Gifts

Hopefully, if nothing else, this blog has been some small source of amusement for you (whoever you are reading this page). Maybe I've unknowingly shaken you by the shoulders with my harsh words that told you that the gift you selected was simply bad. And maybe I've made you roll your eyes at my posts, disbelieving their truth (you best start believin' cuz they're true!)

But I really hope that I've made you reconsider items that you give as gifts because the silent message that is sent hand-in-hand with your gift is just as important because it is a reflection of you and your feelings about the person you're giving the gift to. I refuse to tell you what to get because that is all up to you. Just remember to put yourself in the receiver's shoes and think about whether you would want that *cough* whatever you're holding in your hands contemplating buying.

There are some items that should just never be given as gifts (OK, maybe unless it is a joke). But this is not a joke: in all seriousness 95% of people do not want these gifts! Yeah, I just made that up but I'm sure it's pretty close.

So take this newfound knowledge, fellow gift-givers, on what not to give as a gift and put it to good use!

No comments:

Post a Comment